Learn more about issues of violence against women and how men can be allies in the movement to stop it.
“If the numbers we see in domestic violence were applied to terrorism or gang violence, the entire country would be up in arms, and it would be the lead story on the news every night.” – Rep. Mark Green
Domestic violence (and other forms of violence against women) is not a “women’s issue” or a “family matter”; it is a community-wide and world-wide epidemic that will continue in our society until all citizens work together to prevent and end it. Take the time to understand the facts and statistics surrounding these types of violence. Think about ways in which you might be able speak out and stand up to combat violence against women in spheres of influence within your community.
Here are a few online resources that can help:
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: http://www.ncadv.org/
- National Network to End Domestic Violence: http://www.nnedv.org/
- A Call to Men: http://www.acalltomen.org/
- Men Stopping Violence: http://www.menstoppingviolence.org/
- Mens Work: http://mensworkinc.com/
- Futures Without Violence: http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/
- Men’s Nonviolence Project: http://www.mensnonviolence.org/
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.